Diving Grade: Dive Leader & DfA Dive Manager & Buddies.
Instructor: Open Water Instructor
Christine has been diving for over 17 years. She is a Dive Leader working her way to becoming an Advanced Diver. She passed her Open Water Instructor course in December 2018. She enjoys diving and loves instructing and passing on her knowledge. She holds several Skill Development Course qualifications.
Role of a Training Officer
The Training Officer is responsible for all training within the Branch but will receive assistance and guidance from the Branch Diving Officer. They arrange classroom, pool and open water lessons, supervise the training to see that all is going well, and monitor the performance of the instructors and students. The Training Officer also ensures that correct records are kept of training given and tests passed by each student.
Attributes of a Training Officer
- Ability to use computerised applications, to enable record keeping.
- Highly organised and able to keep complex records up to date.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good time keeping skills.